Saturday, February 4, from 4-6 pm (NOTE LOCATION CHANGE) – NOW AT EAGLE’S ICE CENTER
Broomball Tournament registration is NOW OPEN! You can register by clicking here. Space is limited, so round up your friends and register today! Don’t have enough to make a full team? You can check the box in the form below to indicate that you’d like to be assigned to a team.
Registration fee is $25 per team and payable by credit card online or in cash the night of the event.
Due to our change of location (thanks, uncooperative weather), cost of the event is now $5 per individual to play.
Teams & Registration Info
A team consists of 8 people, with up to 2 additional substitutes.
- A team must have 5 players to start a game.
- Teams must have matching (or similar) light and dark colored shirts available.
- Each team must have a team captain and an appropriate name.
- All players must be above the age of 18.
Registration is available by clicking here.
- Registration is open until 8 teams have signed up.
Each team must pay an entry fee of $25 to play.Cost is $5 per individual.
- Prizes from local businesses will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams.
The Broomball Tournament Schedule will be emailed to captains ahead of the tournament, but all games will take place on Saturday, February 4 between 4-6 pm at Eagle’s Ice Center at 2600 Village Drive Southeast, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49506.
Basic Rules are similar to that of hockey. The following are some important exceptions and safety rules:
- Sneakers or snow boots are approved footwear. No skates, cleats, or cramp-ons will be allowed!
- Brooms and balls will be provided by WW. You are only allowed to use the WW provided gear to insure a fair competition.
- All other clothing or gear is the responsibility of the participant.
- Players will not be allowed to wear any equipment that is deemed unsafe for other players.
- There will be 1 official and 1 scorekeeper per game.
- There are two 10 minute halves with a one minute half-time.
- No Checking—it will result in an ejection from the game + 5 min penalty.
- No high-sticking—the broom may not be swung above your waste.
- Foul language is not permitted.
- The goalie is the only player allowed to grab and/or freeze the ball—only within the goal crease (4ft radius semi-circle around the goal).
- Ties will result in a shoot-out.
- There is no offside’s except during face-off.
- A goalie may not throw a ball beyond half court—he/she must pass to a player on their half.
Hurry and reserve your spot!